GW


(First off, I am terribly un-photogenic, so were this question addressed to me, my answer would be no.)

The story behind this case is actually quite simple, enough so that I don't feel it necessary to give a whimsical rendition of it in third person. It goes as this:

Once upon a time, there was a camera name Kodak. It was a rebellious camera, one that came from the wrong side of the tracks--

Oops. Let's try that again.

I once had a camera. It was this Kodak monstrosity - simple to use but not much else.
In the middle of transferring pictures from it to my computer one day, it decided to up and die.
After a brief moment of silence, I bought a new one - a lovely blue Lumix, on the advice of a friend.
It needed a case, so I made one.
The end.

That's better :)

Project details: This was made in 5 pieces (front + back + sides x2 + base); thinking I could get away with doing less work, I actually made a first case using just 2 (front + back), but it ended up looking terrible. It doesn't pay to be lazy, kids!
I used two fabrics: the outer is cotton with a random blue/green flower motif and it's lined with flannel (it's not visible in the above pics, but it's actually a Christmas-themed flannel: white with red snowflakes!). I gave it a velcro closure; the oversized stud is just there for decoration. Fits my Lumix a little snug but it's bearable. I'm not quite satisfied with the bottom seams but I guess I'll live.

Just for kicks, here's a "making-of" pic:


PS: Don't worry, I just used the black thread to "tack" the pieces together; it was promptly removed after everything was sewn up. (I hope that's the right terminology and not something I just made up.)
0 Responses

Post a Comment